Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Looking for Moisterizer and Sunscreen in one
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Looking for Moisterizer and Sunscreen in one

Looking for Moisterizer and Sunscreen in one 3 years, 3 months ago #5383

• dandice
  • Senior Boarder
I am hoping to switch to a moisterizer/sunscreen combo in one.

The ladies at Ulta were trying to push Dermoligica product, but I haven't seen many OSNW users us this line.

What about
C.O. Bigelow All-in-One Protective Day Lotion SPF 25
O (39.5), S (48.5), N(21), W( 51.5)
AM Cetaphil cleanser,PC Toner, Resist Antixoidant Serum, PC Hydralight Moistuizer Clinique City Block

PM Cetaphil cleanser, PC Toner, PC Resist Antixoidant Serum, PC Hydralight Moistuizer
The topic has been locked.

Looking for Moisterizer and Sunscreen in one 3 years, 3 months ago #39300

• dandice
  • Senior Boarder
I am hoping to switch to a moisterizer/sunscreen combo in one.

The ladies at Ulta were trying to push Dermoligica product, but I haven't seen many OSNW users us this line.

What about
C.O. Bigelow All-in-One Protective Day Lotion SPF 25
AM Cetaphil cleanser,PC Toner, Resist Antixoidant Serum, PC Hydralight Moistuizer Clinique City Block

PM Cetaphil cleanser, PC Toner, PC Resist Antixoidant Serum, PC Hydralight Moistuizer

Looking for Moisterizer and Sunscreen in one 3 years, 3 months ago #39301

• rockhugger
  • Gold Boarder
So I found the ingredients list at: www.bigelowchemists.com/product_info.php/products_id/6063

There are quite a few oils in it, quite a bit of fragrance and other fragrance compounds (Citral, Limonene, Linalool), a potentially sensitizing preservative (Methylisothiazolinone), and I don't see any UV filters at all (and no separate active ingredients, which US products should have).

So I wouldn't recommend it.

What sunscreens and moisturizers have you been using? Any bad reactions to sunscreens? Any particular concerns? --then we could probably recommend some worth trying.
Near 30, O-29/S-36/P-36/W-47. In the Midwestern US. Current products: Retin-A Micro .04%; Aquanil (AM) and Free & Clear (PM with Clarisonic Mia) cleansers; Olay Regenerist serum fragrance-free with licorice and rooibos extracts mixed in; Clindamycin gel and Hydrocortisone 1% on spots; Olay Complete SPF 30, Bioderma Cicabio around eyes.

Looking for Moisterizer and Sunscreen in one 3 years, 3 months ago #39302

• dandice
  • Senior Boarder
Currently I am using

Paulas Choice RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer and RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
No sunscreen (I know bad girl)

I thought about switching to Skin Balancing Daily Mattifying Lotion SPF 15 & Antioxidants but wasn't sure if that is enought....

Looking for Moisterizer and Sunscreen in one 3 years, 3 months ago #39303

• rockhugger
  • Gold Boarder
Those are good PC moisturizers, but her sunscreens aren't the best.

Starting with SPF 15 is good, because higher SPFs can be irritating or greasy or otherwise annoying. Some that I have liked are Estee Lauder daywear plus lotion SPF 15 for oily skin (has nice aoxs, just a tiny bit shiny, and not the best UVA protection, but I loved it in winter), and the more protective Olay Complete sensitive skin classic gentle formula SPF 15. For the longer term, you may want to look into high zinc oxide ones (Shiseido, Burnout, etc) or Euro ones (LRP, Bioderma, etc.) for better protection.

And of course, keeping the sun off skin is just as important with SPF on as not, so I love dramatic hats and pretty parasols.
Near 30, O-29/S-36/P-36/W-47. In the Midwestern US. Current products: Retin-A Micro .04%; Aquanil (AM) and Free & Clear (PM with Clarisonic Mia) cleansers; Olay Regenerist serum fragrance-free with licorice and rooibos extracts mixed in; Clindamycin gel and Hydrocortisone 1% on spots; Olay Complete SPF 30, Bioderma Cicabio around eyes.

Looking for Moisterizer and Sunscreen in one 3 years, 3 months ago #39304

• dandice
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you so much for the recomendations.

So I am thinking I might try

Day
Estee Lauder daywear plus lotion SPF 15 for everyday.

Evening
Resist Antioxidant/Moisterizer

Then if I am going to be in the sun for awhile
La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Melt-In Cream

Do you think this would work well?
ps. Your skin looks great!

Time to create page: 0.19 seconds