Remember Me

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Could my new cleanser be causing flushing problems?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Could my new cleanser be causing flushing problems?

Could my new cleanser be causing flushing problems? 3 years, 1 month ago #39477

• georgia
  • Gold Boarder
Cleansers that foam do so because they contain detergents, and this can be a problem for sensitive skin. I also have sensitive skin and I've learned to stay with mild cleansers. I agree with MM that you should stay with the Laura Mercier cleanser because it works for your skin.. There are other non-detergent cleansers available, so you may want to take a look at Dr. B's book, or you can go to Beautypedia to search for non-foaming cleansers.
D=15, S=35, N=17, T=38
The topic has been locked.

Could my new cleanser be causing flushing problems? 3 years, 1 month ago #39478

• fenlady
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you so much, Kay, MM and Georgia. This has really been helpful and I'm so glad I posted.
It certainly could have been the fragrance in the Caudalie cleanser, and I've had problems in the past because of this. But I also think the specific betaine allergen might have been the cause, or added to the flushing, and I checked on the link - it sounds very nasty!
I broke my rule of always patch-testing new products, and I won't be doing that again!
Yesterday I chucked out the Caudalie and bought another Laura Mercier foaming cleanser - success!
No flushing today, so I will stick with what works.
O-31:S-55:N-13:W-41. Moderate rosacea, flushing and stinging subtype with ocular rosacea. Many chemical allergies. Damaged, thin skin.

Could my new cleanser be causing flushing problems? 3 years ago #39565

• fenlady
  • Gold Boarder
A quick update - my skin has now stopped flushing, about three weeks after I had to start my antibiotics again. The doctor has given me doxycillin for my rosacea, with instructions to take a course of two or three weeks, or even longer if necessary, whnever flushing becomes troublesome. I would much rather not take antibiotics in the summer as they increase sun sensitivity, but as I stay out of the sun generally it wasn't a problem.
But - what a hassle!
In future I'll stick with what I know works. Experimenting has proved far more expensive than my Laura Mercier!
O-31:S-55:N-13:W-41. Moderate rosacea, flushing and stinging subtype with ocular rosacea. Many chemical allergies. Damaged, thin skin.

Could my new cleanser be causing flushing problems? 3 years ago #39566

• fenlady
  • Gold Boarder
A quick update - my skin has now stopped flushing, about three weeks after I had to start my antibiotics again. The doctor has given me doxycillin for my rosacea, with instructions to take a course of two or three weeks, or even longer if necessary, whenever flushing becomes troublesome. I would much rather not take antibiotics in the summer as they increase sun sensitivity, but as I stay out of the sun generally it wasn't a problem.
But - what a hassle!
In future I'll stick with what I know works. Experimenting has proved far more expensive than my Laura Mercier!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds