Remember Me

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

little red bumps on neck and chest
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: little red bumps on neck and chest

little red bumps on neck and chest 7 years, 10 months ago #865

Does anyone else have a problem with unidentified red bumps on their neck and chest area? Sometimes they look like they have a head, but they are not pop-able. I'm not sure if these mystery bumps are acne or maybe an allergy or a skin condition I am unaware of.
D-20, S-47.5, P-28, W-47
The topic has been locked.

little red bumps on neck and chest 7 years, 10 months ago #11172

Does anyone else have a problem with unidentified red bumps on their neck and chest area? Sometimes they look like they have a head, but they are not pop-able. I'm not sure if these mystery bumps are acne or maybe an allergy or a skin condition I am unaware of.
D-20, S-47.5, P-28, W-47

little red bumps on neck and chest 7 years, 10 months ago #11173

• SISinDE
  • Senior Boarder
I get those too.  I think it is a form of acne.  The two times I've gone to a dermatoligist that is what they call it.  It's worse in the heat. 

With regard to this and your other post on adult acne.  I can sympathize, as many of us can  .  I don't get actual pimples too much anymore, but have I guess what you'd call active oil glands and get bumps and white heads you can't pop - they're called sebaceous hyperplasia and milia. 

I followed the non-prescription routine for about a month, but am finally seeing the bumps lessen now that I'm on a prescription retinol (differin) and acne med (duac).  I've been on the prescription regime for over 8 weeks.  I use the duac in the am and the differin at night.  They are in the $100 range but last a long time.  I balance that with drugstore cleanser and moisturizer.  I also use the duac on the red bumps on my chest and back.

Good luck
Age 37 - OSNW 30/35/22/44

little red bumps on neck and chest 7 years, 10 months ago #11203

Thanks for the information Colleen! I'll have to look up sebaceous hyperplasia and milia. I don't currently have a derm (or even a regular gp!) until I get new health insurance, so I'll have to hold off on the prescription products. What type of product is duac (salicylic acid? benzoyl peroxide?)
D-20, S-47.5, P-28, W-47

little red bumps on neck and chest 7 years, 10 months ago #11221

• SISinDE
  • Senior Boarder
The duac is part antibiotic and benzol peroxide. I didn't think I'd like it because in the past I've found BP overdrying and stinging, but I think it is a low enough percentage. I really credit the retinol product for any improvement in the bumps. Try some of Dr Bs non-prescription recommendations maybe.....If you are at all sensitive, I'd try a salicylic acid product in the AM over BP. Good luck.
Age 37 - OSNW 30/35/22/44

little red bumps on neck and chest 7 years, 10 months ago #11356

There was a lotion that Neutrogena discontinued a few years ago for body acne. It was fantastic for the bumps. I haven't found anything comparable yet, and I've mostly been using salicylic acid since bp has bleached clothes, bed sheets, etc. I never thought to try a retinol product, but I think I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the tip!
D-20, S-47.5, P-28, W-47
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds