Username Password: Remember me

titanium dioxide sensitivity?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: titanium dioxide sensitivity?

titanium dioxide sensitivity? 7 years, 3 months ago #1844

• donna6835
  • Expert Boarder
Has anyone ever heard of someone being allergic or sensitive to titanium dioxide? I know it's supposed to be very good for those with sensitive skin since it's a physical blocker, but every product I've tried containing it has made my skin feel sort of stingy/burning and red, and eventually get acne.
Any thoughts?
D=16 S=52 P=26 W=43<br />age 25 F.&nbsp; acne, stinging/burning, eczema (neck), pre-rosacea-like symptoms, rough dry patches, fine lines.<br /><br />**Here&#39;s my routine: www.skintypesolutions.com/forum/index.ph...48.msg17525#msg17525
The topic has been locked.

titanium dioxide sensitivity? 7 years, 3 months ago #16220

• donna6835
  • Expert Boarder
Has anyone ever heard of someone being allergic or sensitive to titanium dioxide? I know it's supposed to be very good for those with sensitive skin since it's a physical blocker, but every product I've tried containing it has made my skin feel sort of stingy/burning and red, and eventually get acne.
Any thoughts?
D=16 S=52 P=26 W=43<br />age 25 F.&nbsp; acne, stinging/burning, eczema (neck), pre-rosacea-like symptoms, rough dry patches, fine lines.<br /><br />**Here&#39;s my routine: www.skintypesolutions.com/forum/index.ph...48.msg17525#msg17525

titanium dioxide sensitivity? 7 years, 3 months ago #16221

• admin_001
  • Administrator
It is possible. Have you checked the other ingredients?

-Kevin

titanium dioxide sensitivity? 7 years, 3 months ago #16229

• donna6835
  • Expert Boarder
Kevin-
You're right. I looked at the ingredient list past the sunscreens and on each of them there was a different ingredient list that was also present on the things to avoid list from the book. I'll give the ol' titanium dioxide another chance then

titanium dioxide sensitivity? 7 years, 3 months ago #16550

• DJ40
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow, someone else besides me has a reaction to T.D. I have had a problem with it for at least 10 years. If I wear any product with that as the active ingredient my face will burn, sting, turn red then get flaky and peel, almost like really bad wind burn. Make-up counter people always think I am crazy when I ask to see the ingredient list for their products. It's hard to find products without it especially foundation. My dermatologist has never heard of it but he has seen the reaction and has treated me for it. Anything is possible.
dsnt(w)

titanium dioxide sensitivity? 7 years, 2 months ago #16773

• Kari
  • Gold Boarder
This is interesting on the topical sunscreen agents.  It lists alot of sunscreen brands with a number next to the brand. You can click on the corresponding number and it scrolls down to a list of the sunscreen agents used in that product.
www.mayoclinic.com/health/drug-information/DR202782

I notice they don’t use Titanium Dioxide or Zinc Oxide with Avobenzone.
Is it okay to use a Titanium Dioxide sunscreen with a Foundation that has Avobenzone as the SPF ingredient over the sunscreen or an Avobenzone sunscreen with a Titanium Dioxide foundation? Just curious as none of the sunscreens formulations listed use these ingredients together so didn’t know if there was a problem with the combination of these  ingredients. I assume these are the common formulas used (I checked my foundation ingredients/tinted moisturizers with SPF too & they match these dosages) so they must be a good mixture of compatibility ingredients so wonder if putting a different formula foundation sunscreen on top of a different sunscreen agent is okay or causing more problems like ingredient intereaction.
OSPW (30,39,24/29,44)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds