Remember Me

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

What is the difference between Retin-A, Retinol & Retinoid?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is the difference between Retin-A, Retinol & Retinoid?

What is the difference between Retin-A, Retinol & Retinoid? 6 years, 7 months ago #2265

• pamjpamj
  • Senior Boarder
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have my stats below, and have been using my personalized skin regimen since the first week of August, 2007. I feel much better about how I need to care for my skin; I was sooo lost before.

One beauty counter would tell me I had dry skin, and to *moisturize more* to combat my oiliness.

Another beauty counter would tell me that I had to combat my pimples/oiliness with *daily exfoliation*. (Which I read in the STS book that exfoliation is bad for my pigmentation problems!)

Another beauty counter would advise me to treat my oily skin with oil control lotions or *less moisturizing*.

I could go on and on, but I won't bore you. We've all been there, I'm sure.

In my pic, http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff91/pamjpamj/009.jpg,
I have shininess, pigmentation, redness, acne scars, and these irritating new wrinkles around my eyes. They just popped up overnight. Which prompted me to get this book!!

What is the difference between Retinoid, Retin-A, and Retinol?? Is there a difference between the 3?
Please follow this link cashcrate.com/763025 and start making some money online. Yeah, seriously! After joining last night, I have already earned $20! Just think how much you could accumulate in one month. Check out the link and see for yourself that this is not a scam.
The topic has been locked.

What is the difference between Retin-A, Retinol & Retinoid? 6 years, 7 months ago #19022

• pamjpamj
  • Senior Boarder
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have my stats below, and have been using my personalized skin regimen since the first week of August, 2007. I feel much better about how I need to care for my skin; I was sooo lost before.

One beauty counter would tell me I had dry skin, and to *moisturize more* to combat my oiliness.

Another beauty counter would tell me that I had to combat my pimples/oiliness with *daily exfoliation*. (Which I read in the STS book that exfoliation is bad for my pigmentation problems!)

Another beauty counter would advise me to treat my oily skin with oil control lotions or *less moisturizing*.

I could go on and on, but I won't bore you. We've all been there, I'm sure.

In my pic, http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff91/pamjpamj/009.jpg,
I have shininess, pigmentation, redness, acne scars, and these irritating new wrinkles around my eyes. They just popped up overnight. Which prompted me to get this book!!

What is the difference between Retinoid, Retin-A, and Retinol?? Is there a difference between the 3?
Please follow this link cashcrate.com/763025 and start making some money online. Yeah, seriously! After joining last night, I have already earned $20! Just think how much you could accumulate in one month. Check out the link and see for yourself that this is not a scam.

What is the difference between Retin-A, Retinol & Retinoid? 6 years, 7 months ago #19023

• admin_001
  • Administrator
Hi Pam,

A Retinoid is a prescription product. Retin-A is one brand of those prescription products and Retinol is an over the counter product that is much weaker.

The prescription options are Differin, Retin-A, Renova and Tazorac. Differin is the most mild and Tazorac is the strongest. Most of us sensitives do OK with Differin.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

-Kevin

What is the difference between Retin-A, Retinol & Retinoid? 6 years, 7 months ago #19025

• pamjpamj
  • Senior Boarder
SkinCareKev wrote:

Hi Pam,

A Retinoid is a prescription product. Retin-A is one brand of those prescription products and Retinol is an over the counter product that is much weaker.

The prescription options are Differin, Retin-A, Renova and Tazorac. Differin is the most mild and Tazorac is the strongest. Most of us sensitives do OK with Differin.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

-Kevin

Thanks, Kevin! I think I will try a non-prescription product first. So, what are the best Retinol products out there? I see .5% and .1% and many different names and products. Just want the most bang for the buck at this point.

The Retinol product I have been using is Healthy Skin Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle, SPf 15, Retinol with multi-vitamins. But, when I look on the box, I don't even see Retinol even listed as an ingredient.

So, should I be using a product that actually has Retinol listed on the bottle, along with the percentage of strength?

The box also states that Retinol is Vitamin A. Is that correct?

What is the difference between Retin-A, Retinol & Retinoid? 6 years, 7 months ago #19026

• pamjpamj
  • Senior Boarder
I searched the forum for Retinol and found out about Topix Replenix Retinol. When I went to the site to order, I noticed there were three formulas. 2X for Sensitive skin. 3X for Normal and 5X for tolerant. So, obviously...5X is not for me.

I'm going to try the 3X. If it irritates me, then I'll just dilute by mixing with my Olay Regenerist Serum. Does this sound like a good idea?

Also, it seems unnecessary to buy a product that has Retinol along with a sunscreen together. I only apply Retinol before I go to bed.

What is the difference between Retin-A, Retinol & Retinoid? 6 years, 7 months ago #19028

• admin_001
  • Administrator
Pam,

If you go to www.baumannstore.com

there are exact product recommendations for your skin type .

-Kevin
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds