Remember Me

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

ROC Retinol Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream vs. ROC Retinol Serum?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: ROC Retinol Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream vs. ROC Retinol Serum?

ROC Retinol Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream vs. ROC Retinol Serum? 6 years, 7 months ago #2651

• Juan Juan
  • Expert Boarder
Hi everyone! Just over the weekend I discovered the book and went to go purchase some of the recommended products.

I wanted to get the products Dr. Baumann specifically recommended for my regimine before altering it myself (I already cut the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash because it was causing my forehead to produce excess oil - or is it too early after only a couple of days? I've been using it in the shower for my back since I have acne-prone skin there, so it hasn't gone to waste). One of the products was ROC Retinol Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream. I've been using it every night and it hasn't irritated my skin or caused any problems other than minor flaking - which is probably from the cleanser to begin with.

I did see ROC had a retinol serum - and I'm curious about it. I don't have any wrinkles now (I'm 22 years old), but have acne-prone skin and have uneven skin tone, and would like to prevent wrinkles. Would the serum be better, worse or the same for someone looking for retinol more for wrinkle prevention, acne-treatment and evening skin tone than for eliminating existing wrinkles?
O (38) - Face gets very oily a few hours after cleansing<br />S (48) - Sensitivity definitely a problem; redness/irritation/itchiness<br />P (30) - Sometimes get dark spots from acne; borderline N<br />W (44) - Not too sure about this one; borderline T
The topic has been locked.

ROC Retinol Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream vs. ROC Retinol Serum? 6 years, 7 months ago #22184

• Juan Juan
  • Expert Boarder
Hi everyone! Just over the weekend I discovered the book and went to go purchase some of the recommended products.

I wanted to get the products Dr. Baumann specifically recommended for my regimine before altering it myself (I already cut the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash because it was causing my forehead to produce excess oil - or is it too early after only a couple of days? I've been using it in the shower for my back since I have acne-prone skin there, so it hasn't gone to waste). One of the products was ROC Retinol Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream. I've been using it every night and it hasn't irritated my skin or caused any problems other than minor flaking - which is probably from the cleanser to begin with.

I did see ROC had a retinol serum - and I'm curious about it. I don't have any wrinkles now (I'm 22 years old), but have acne-prone skin and have uneven skin tone, and would like to prevent wrinkles. Would the serum be better, worse or the same for someone looking for retinol more for wrinkle prevention, acne-treatment and evening skin tone than for eliminating existing wrinkles?
O (38) - Face gets very oily a few hours after cleansing<br />S (48) - Sensitivity definitely a problem; redness/irritation/itchiness<br />P (30) - Sometimes get dark spots from acne; borderline N<br />W (44) - Not too sure about this one; borderline T

ROC Retinol Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream vs. ROC Retinol Serum? 6 years, 6 months ago #23403

• mady
  • Platinum Boarder
.Juan, I'm new here and I cannot tell you the difference in the cosmetic products. Now I can tell you that all retinoids work in the skin by participating in a series of cell processes including cell death and regeneration. The idea is that you end up shedding the top layers of the skin and the new layers will  eventually become better .I have read many threads in this forum where they say it had helped them .In short, whatever you have in the outer layer will peel off eventually with retinoids .I estimate that uneven skin tones if they are due to superficial damage it will go away. However retinoids will not erase sunspots.Although they have off label use for that in conjunction or without hydroquuinones. Now I have to tell you that a dermatologist will give you these medicines without a second though, and I'm still learning they are very harsh for many skins .From my experience I'm reading the book and  the boards and trying to learn a little bit more. For sure sun exposure has to be limited and sunblock is needed with these products.
1/2008:O-38.5 S-50 P-28 W-45<br />4/2008:O-35 S-45.5 P-19 W-43
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds